Monday, November 14, 2022

Why my head hurt this morning

Nov. 14, 2022
I started with a Great Lakes Oktoberfest.

I also drank a Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue. Pseudo Sue is a hazy American pale ale. Nice balance of sweet and hazy hop flavor. A titch understated imo.

Rating = 4 glasses, well below its standing on Beer Advocate. My aversion to hazy continues.


Bell's Third Coast Ale
Nov. 14, 2022
Another bottle with about 6 years of age. A delightful combination of brown sugary malt, hop bitterness, and a tiche of sour from somewhere. 

Rating = 6 glasses (and thought about 6.5).

Aug 25, 2019
With second dessert I drank a Bell's Third Coast Ale, an American barleywine. The bottle was relatively fresh. Brown sugar flavor but not sweet. The aftertaste was sort of sour. I think this beer gets better with age. Ratings based on beers aged about 4 years = 6 glasses. Previous review. Today,

Rating = 5 glasses.


No comments: