Friday, March 20, 2020

Boon Kriek Mariage Parfait

Kriek Mariage Parfait is complex and totally quaffable. I drank one bottled in 2014 tonight. Low carbonation dissipated quickly and left ring of bubbles on the glass as I drank. Color was plum. The dark color surprised me because I think of Kriek as being pale pink. Perhaps Mariage Parfait uses different cherries or masticates/smashes them before letting the beer sit on them. Taste leads with almost sweet cherries, something like cherry juice with most sugar removed. It reminded me of wine that was definitively not dry but not really sweet either.  Good to sip or to gulp, the beer blurs the line between beer and wine. The finish contains some faint tastes of tartness and vinegar. I want more.

Rating = 5 glasses. I thought about 6 glasses but want another to confirm.

No comments: