Monday, August 28, 2023

Weihenstephaner Festbier


 

Brewer's Notes: A full rich bodied, hoppy, seasonal lager. Especially brewed for the Festbier season. This beer truly represents the Bavarian way of celebrating. Deep gold color, great mouth-feel and lots of flavor. Prost! 


Tasting Notes
August 2023

Nov 2022
I am updating the rating. I went back to buy more and keep liking it more and more.

Rating = 5.5 glasses

02 Oct 2022
I am back to really liking the beer. It drinks easy and goes great with food. One bottle calls for another.

Rating = 5 glasses and I thought about 5.5

10 Oct. 2020
With more tastes, I am downgrading the rating to 4 glasses. 

Rating = 4 glasses.

05 Oct. 2020
Festbier is a great Oktoberfest beer. It is light enough to encourage drinking massive quantities and flavorful enough to enjoy every sip and gulp. The more I drink Oktoberfest beers, the more I appreciate ones that are more delicate and quaffable. Festbier fits the bill. 

I like it better than the raters on BeerAdvocate. Some of them complain that the beer is more a Hells or Pilsner than an Oktoberfest beer. I call it good.

Rating = 5 glasses.

No comments: