Sunday, November 1, 2020

Unibrue Don de Dieu

 


Brewer's Notes:
 Don de Dieu (Gift of God) was the name of the ship that Samuel de Champlain sailed on his mission to “explore and discover the vast and perilous land of America” in the name of the King of France. His travels led to the founding of Quebec City in 1608.

Inspired by this great adventure, Unibroue created Don de Dieu—an abbey-style triple wheat beer refermented in the bottle. Soft and round, it has delicately nuanced fruity and hoppy notes.

01 Nov. 2020
I fear that my first review was too exuberant. More clove came through on the second bottle. The clove is true to the style but is I think it detracts from the taste. I am downgrading the rating.

Rating = 4 glasses.

28 Oct. 2020
The bottle claims to be a pale ale but Beeradvocate correctly calls it a Tripel and ranks it as the 8th best Tripel. 

Don de Dieu is a wonderful beer. It is wheaty, yeasty, and spicy with a titch of clove. Do I like it better than Allagash Tripel? I am keeping the rating a little lower pending further investigation. 

Rating = 5 glasses.

No comments: