Sunday, December 10, 2023

Alchemist Focal Banger

Focal Banger is a good New England IPA.

Brewer's notesBrewed with Mosaic and Citra hops. A firm mineral backbone supports the dank flavors and aromas we cram into this beer, and separates it from the pack.

BeerAdvocateFocal Banger® is an American India Pale Ale. We have a real love for IPAs here at The Alchemist and we strive to offer you the best hop experience that we possibly can. The beer is brewed using Citra and Mosaic hops and our favorite British malts. Truly an abundance of malty goodness.

Freshness and control have always been my main concern when it comes to our beer. We are committed to providing you with an unfiltered and unpasteurized hop experience. Why do I recommend that you drink it from can? Quite simply, to ensure a delightful hop experience. The act of pouring it in a glass smells nice, but it releases the essential hop aromas that we have worked so hard to retain.

If you MUST pour it into a glass, you may find that some of the hop resins have settled to the bottom -- leave them in the can when pouring. This beer is perishable and at its best when it is young, fresh, and hazy. Keep it cold, but not ice cold. Drink this beer today, you could be dead tomorrow ... -- John Kimmich

Tasting notes
2311: A can from ML. I was taking a tour of Vermont beer ML brought back from a recent trip. The tasting occurred too long ago to give a thorough or accurate review. I remember liking Focal Banger better than Heady Topper and Vermont Strong. I liked the complexity of the beer. However, Vermont Strong is the beer that haunted me for days. I like bitter more than dry hopping. I want more of all three beers. I fear that my expressed preferences are not transitive.

No comments: