Sunday, January 24, 2021

Great Divide Yeti

Brewer's Notes
"Yeti Imperial Stout is an onslaught of the senses. It starts with big, roasty malt flavor that gives way to rich caramel and toffee notes. Yeti gets its bold hop character from an enormous quantity of American hops. It weighs in at a hefty 75 IBUs."

Jan. 24, 2021
I fear that I am moving away from massive beers. The Yeti that I drank last night was TOO big. I am downgrading the rating.

Rating = 5 glasses.

April 19, 2020
I exclaimed "What a beer" with my first sip. 
Yeti has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It continues to amaze and impress. It is a MASSIVE beer. Loads of burnt chocolate, a titch of coffee, and some cardboard. Here is how Great Divide describes the beer. 

BeerAdvocate rating = Outstanding, 435th best American Imperial Stout, and 1,367th best overall.

Rating = 6 glasses.

No comments: