On August 13, 2026 I purchased two new Oktoberfest beers at total wine. I figured that they would never be fresher.
Founders Oktoberfest is a traditional Märzen. Very malty - I think it resembles a Scotch Ale. I am not sure how much I like the style or beer. Here is what BeerAdvocate says:
Blink and you’ll think you’re in Bavaria. We went all in on tradition with our Oktoberfest, using imported German malts and hops with a beautiful lager yeast for the finish. Pours a gorgeous copper hue with a rich, malty and slightly sweet backbone. Our version is akin to the beer poured in the early days of Oktoberfest and, yes, it adheres to the Reinheitsgebot. Prost!
IBUs: 20
The raters at BeerAdvocate rate is as being Very Good.
Rating = 2 glasses
This year's Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest is a collaboration with Hoppebräu. It breaks the mold for Oktoberfest. It is more Festbier than Märzen but maltier than a Festbier. It tastes something like a Vienna Lager. The raters at BeerAdvocate rate is as being Very Good. Sierra Nevada's decription is:
Each year, we partner with a German brewer to create a traditional Oktoberfest, but this modern Festbier breaks the mold. A collaboration with innovative Bavarian brewer, Hoppebräu, our 2026 Oktoberfest is lightly dry-hopped for a hint of floral character, balanced by biscuity flavor thanks to Munich malt. But it won’t last long; this seasonal beer will be gone before you can say prost!
Rating = 2 glasses


No comments:
Post a Comment