Monday, August 12, 2013

Visit to Mekong

I ate at Mekong Restaurant tonight and sampled 5 beers. One beer was interesting and not my cup of tea. another was good, two were very good and one was fantastic.

Boulevard Saison-Brett is a nice saison with a touch of sour. Good but paled somewhat with the beers that followed. Downgraded from 6 glasses to 5. Click here for previous review. 

BFM Brasserie Des Franches-Montagnes Square root 225 is a delightful funky saison. It is tart enough to be a sour. I asked An for a recommendation and he gave me a glass of this, telling me it was better than Saison Brett. He was correct. 6 glasses.

Firestone Walker Double Jack is a big Double IPA. It is nice and hoppy and not too malty. I only had a small portion because my order blew the keg. Darn. 

Update on 1308. Had a full glass and was not as impressed. Good  but I missed something in the hop profile. Downgraded from 6 glasses glasses to 5 and thought about 4.

The Bruery White Oak "is a blended beer-- 50% wheatwine aged in Bourbon barrels (we call it "White Oak Sap"), and 50% Mischief (our Golden Strong Ale)." It was nice and interesting and not my cup of tea. 3 glasses.

BFM Brasserie Des Franches-Montagnes Bon Chien (2012) is a fantastic beer. Sour with oak and smoke and tons of complexity. 7 glasses.

No comments: