Friday, March 26, 2021

My rating system

I have rated beers using a seven-glass rating system, with 7 glasses being the highest. I revised the system on March 27, 2021. The revision will reduce the average number of glasses in the ratings. I want to make 7-glasses a special achievement. The change pushes some 7s to 6s, some 6s to 5s, etc. Since I do NOT revise ratings automatically, reviews posted before March 27, 2021 still use the old rating system. I also began to give x.5 ratings for beers that are too good to be rated x but not quite good enough to be rated X+1. 

7 glasses
New rating = World class = A great example of the style + a favorite + something special. 
Old rating = Top 10ish list / My current favorite beers.

6 glasses 
New rating = Great examples of the style + a favorite.
Old rating = Highly Recommended / Beers I really like and think are great examples of the style

5 glasses 
New rating = Great example of the style + Something that tempts me to buy it whenever I see it
Old rating = Recommended without qualification / Something that tempts me to buy it whenever I see it.

4 glasses 
New rating = Something I am happy to include in my regular rotation
Old rating = Recommended with reservations / Something that I may seek to buy occasionally

3 glasses 
New rating = Something that I may seek to buy occasionally
Old rating = Good / A beer that I enjoy but is not good enough to seek out

2 glasses 
New rating = old rating = Average / Something that I am happy to drink again

1 glass 
New rating = old rating = Poor / I'll drink freebies if nothing else is available

0 glasses
New rating = old rating = No Thanks / I prefer water

No comments: