Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout

Brewer's Notes: Named after the city where it all began, Kalamazoo Stout is one of our most classic recipes. This smooth, full-bodied stout offers a blend of aromas and flavors of dark chocolate and freshly roasted coffee, balanced with a significant hop presence.

BeerAdvocate

March 31, 2021
The beer is growing on me. It has flavor but is not "imperial". I thought about upgrading the rating to 4 but think occasional purchases are not in the future.

Rating = 3 glasses


March 28, 2021
A second bottle splits the difference between "Eh" and "I like it!" I was not tempted to grab a bottle out of the fridge when I wanted something dark and did not want a second bottle last night. 

Rating = 3 glasses

March 16, 2021
Kalamazoo Stout is good and interesting. I can't tell if I really like it or if it is "Eh". I have 5 more bottles for research. It is thin with a big charcoal bite. Perhaps the bite is licorice and not black malt. 
The label reports that it is brewed with brewer's licorice. 

Rating = 4 glasses pending further research. 

No comments: