Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ommegang Abbey Ale

Beer: Abbey Ale

Brewer: Ommegang

Style: Dubbel

Tasting notes: (0906) A bottle from 0809. Ditto and delicious. (0906) Bottle @ Belga Cafe. Complex. Flashes of wheat, chocolate, burgundy, sour and funk. Great w/ venison. (0805) Split 750 w/ Oleg. Delightful, complex taste. A flash of brown sugar followed by a dry, sour bite with hints of funk and Burgundy wine. Upgraded from 4 glasses. (0610): 12 oz. at Avalon. Complex taste. Cinnamon? Burgundy wine? Well crafted but I tired of it at end. (I was being rushed.) (????) Had one bottle long before writing this review. My memory my be off but my recollection is that I thought it was quite tasty. However, I was not inspired to buy another. Perhaps Hennepin eclipsed it.

Comments: (0802): BeerAdvocate changed style from Belgian Strong Dark Ale. I think that dubbel is correct.

Rating: 6 glasses

No comments: