Monday, December 4, 2023

Alesmith Speedway Stout

Speedway Stout is a big coffee imperial stout.

BeerAdvocate

Brewer's notesA HUGE Imperial Stout that weighs in at an impressive 12% ABV! As if that's not enough, we added pounds of coffee for a little extra kick.

Tasting notes 
2312: With a second can, I am downgrading the rating. I think that the coffee is a one-trick pony and I am not that into coffee. The beer is beautifully crafted but the flavor does not scratch my itch.

Rating = 5 glasses.

2311: Coffee bitterness adds a nice touch. I am leaving the rating @ 6 but may downgrade with a second can.

0902: A bottle aged in my cellar for 10 months. Chocolate and coffee and alcohol and cocoa (and cherry?). Complex, big, sippable and gulpable.

Rating = 6 glasses. Placed in top 10ish list initially and downgraded after a few days. I didn't dream about drinking this beer again.

No comments: